Becoming a member at NECAT is easy!
Step 1: Take our classes
NECAT offers two required classes to begin using our studio.
TV Production is a 2-night class teaching you all of the technical elements of working in a TV studio: Camera Operation, Video Switching, Audio Engineering, Conducting Interviews, Lighting Design and Teleprompter Control. You also learn the Floor Director and Technical Director roles. This class is complimentary and has no charge but is required for all new members.
TV Pre-Production is a 2-night class, which is taken after TV Production has been completed. This class teaches you all of the elements of putting a series together, managing a studio, collaborating with crew, and becoming a NECAT Producer. This class is $50.00 and is only required for those who want to become a Producer. Technician-level members do not have to take this class.
Both classes are fun, interactive, and hands-on.
Registration is required for all classes.
Step 2: Pick your membership status
Technician level membership has an annual fee of $40. As a Technician you can volunteer as crew on the production shoots of NECAT Producers. All students who have completed TV Production can volunteer for any position in the studio and the control room.
Producer level membership has an annual fee of $80. TV Production and TV Pre-Production are required for this membership. Once classes are complete you can then book the studio to start shooting your own production.
Step 3: Enhance your skills
- TV Production: December 5 & 6 – 6:00pm-9:30pm (full)
- All Day TV Production Class: Saturday, December 14th – 10:30am-6:00pm (reserved)
- Pre-Production: December 17 & 18 – 6:00pm-9:30pm
- Editing: Friday, December 20 – 2:00pm-5:00pm
- Green Screen: Thursday, December 19th – 5:30pm-9:30pm
- TV Production: January 9 & 10 – 6:00pm-9:30pm (full)
- TV Production: January 30 & 31 – 6:00pm-9:30pm (reserved)
- Editing: January 11 – 1:00pm-4:00pm
- Editing: January 25 – 1:00pm-4:00pm
- TV Production: February 6 & 7 – 6:00pm-9:30pm
- Green Screen: Wednesday, February 26th – 5:30pm-9:30pm
- TV Production: TBA
- TV Production: TBA
- Green Screen: Sunday, April 26th – 3:30pm-6:00pm
- Green Screen: Sunday, June 28th – 3:30pm-6:00pm
Each night of production class must be taken within the same week – TV Production must be taken on both nights back to back. However, TV Production Level and TV Pre-Production do not have to be taken within the same month.
Sign Up For TV Production & Pre-Production Classes!
If you need to reschedule, please also contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be aware that failure to cancel your class reservation within 48 hours of class start time will result in a loss of your fees and class credit. Notify NECAT or PEG Studio staff if you are going to be late. If you are going to be more than 20 minutes late for any class, please reschedule. If you leave early on nights of class, you may have to retake the course per discretion of the instructors.
To pay for a new technician or producer level membership, please use the form below: