Becoming a member at NECAT is easy!
Step 1: Take our classes
NECAT offers two required classes to begin using our studio.
TV Production is a 2-night class teaching you all of the technical elements of working in a TV studio: Camera, Audio, Lighting, Video Switcher, Teleprompter & Audio Mixing. You also learn the Floor Director and Technical Director roles. This class is $50.
TV Pre-Production is a 2-night class, which is taken after TV Production has been completed. This class teaches you all of the elements of putting a series together, managing a studio, collaborating with crew, and becoming a NECAT Producer. This class is $50.
Both classes are fun, interactive, and hands-on.
Registration is required for all classes.
Step 2: Pick your membership status
Technician level membership has an annual fee of $40. As a Technician you can volunteer as crew on the production shoots of NECAT Producers. All students who have completed TV Production can volunteer for any position in the studio and the control room.
Producer level membership has an annual fee of $80. TV Production and TV Pre-Production are required for this membership. Once classes are complete you can then book the studio to start shooting your own production.
Step 3: Enhance your skills
- TV Production: February 5 & 6 – 6:00-9:30pm
- Editing: February 9 – 1:00-4:00pm
- TV Pre-Production: February 11 & 12 – 6:00-9:30pm
- Editing: February 23 – 1:00-4:00pm
- Editing: March 9 – 1:00-4:00pm
- TV Production: March 19 & 20 – 6:00-9:30pm
- Editing: March 23 – 1:00-4:00pm
- TV Production: April 9 & 10 – 6:00-9:30pm
- Editing: April 13 – 1:00-4:00pm
- TV Pre-Production: April 15 & 16 – 6:00-9:30pm
- Editing: April 27 – 1:00-4:00pm
- Green Screen: April 28 – 3:30-6:30pm
- TV Production: May 7 & 8 – 6:00-9:30pm
- Editing: May 11 – 1:00-4:00pm (flexible)
- Editing: May 24 – 1:00-4:00pm (flexible)
- TV Production: June 4 & 5 – 6:00-9:30pm
- TV Pre-Production: June 11 & 12 – 6:00-9:30pm
- Green Screen: June 23 – 3:30-6:00pm
- Editing: June 1 – 1:00-4:00pm (flexible)
- Editing: June 15 – 1:00-4:00pm (flexible)
- Green Screen: August 18 – 3:30-6:00pm
- Green Screen: October 13 – 3:30-6:00pm
Each night of production class must be taken within the same week – TV Production must be taken on both nights back to back. However, TV Production Level and TV Pre-Production do not have to be taken within the same month.
Sign Up For TV Production & Pre-Production Classes!
If you have already taken classes at NECAT or are already a member, sign up for classes here.
If you need to reschedule, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be aware that failure to cancel your class reservation within 48 hours of class start time will result in a loss of your fees. Notify NECAT or PEG Studio staff if you are going to be late. If you are going to be more than 20 minutes late for any class, please reschedule.