- This event has passed.
Fairy Tale TV Camp
March 16, 2015 - March 21, 2015$250.00
Participants age 13 and up are invited to our TV studios for a weeklong camp from 8:00am to 3:00pm Monday, March 16 through Friday, March 20 during many Private Schools Spring Break and Monday, March 23 through Friday, March 27 during Metro Nashville Public Schools Spring Break. Learn TV production skills like camera operation, audio, and lights, on-camera acting skills, and how to incorporate special effects makeup in a production. Then shoot our very own TV shows for broadcast!
Special effects artist Rick Prince from the Syfy channel makeup competition series Face Off will be making our special effects creature and instructing students on how to incorporate special effects makeup and prosthetics in a production.
Join us at camp and learn from staff and other specialists from Nashville’s creative community teaching costuming, improv skills, and movement in a one-of-a-kind experience that is not only educational, but fun, too.
Spring Special Effects TV Camp is a 5-day camp March 16-20 (Private School) and March 23-27 (Public School) and costs $250.
Your $250 registration covers:
– Instruction and hands-on experience with all studio equipment including, pedestal cameras, lights, microphones, control room camera switcher, teleprompter, audio board, and green screen,
– Instruction and hands-on experience in the following production roles: Camera Operator, Technical Director, Assistant Director, Floor Director, Lighting Designer, Set Designer, Audio Technician,
– Instruction on how to include special effects and makeup in a production, timelines and technical considerations,
– Application of a professional special effects prosthetic nose or ears from Rick Prince,
Interactive acting instruction by local top theatrical performers,
– A one-year NECAT Technician Level membership ($35 value), allowing them to volunteer on production shoots in our studio beyond the camp,
– A NECAT Technician certificate,
– A NECAT Technician badge to wear as crew in the studio,
– A DVD copy of the TV Camp program created in our studio;
– Time slots for the Spring Special Effects TV Camp program on Music City Arts television to be broadcast frequently through the months of April and May and in general circulation thereafter.