- This event has passed.
Zombie TV Camp
October 6, 2014 - October 10, 2014$250.00
Worried you will become a zombie during fall break?
It could happen—Nashville Education, Community, and Arts Television presents
Zombie TV Camp
October 6-10, 2014
During this week-long day camp October 6-10, participants age 13 and up will learn how to operate professional TV studio equipment to create their own Zombie-themed TV shows. Each student will have the opportunity to work in every role of TV production on-camera and off-camera (audio, lighting, camera operation, technical direction, floor direction, etc.), while creating five 10-minute TV segments written by local playwrights in various genres such as comedy, drama, talk show, and news reports. Each segment will include a “real” professional adult zombie in full special effects makeup.
Camp participants will literally be bitten by Zombie TV Camp as NECAT’s new Artist-in-Residence, award-winning film and TV special effects makeup artist, Rick Prince, explains special effects inclusion in a production team and applies a zombie bite to each participant. A proud Nashvillian and Hillwood High School alumnus, Rick was most recently seen on season 5 of the SyFy channel’s hit special effects makeup and prosthetics show, Face Off. His work can be seen at www.rickprince.com.
Other special guests adding to the fun include longtime NECAT producer and multi-award-winning horror host, Dr. Gangrene/Larry Underwood (www.drgangrene.com), and Humphry Your Horrible Host (local improv fave Barry McAlister).
The 10-minute segments produced in camp, along with behind-the-scenes footage will be broadcast in an hour-long show throughout the Halloween season and beyond on NECAT’s Music City Arts television (which is Comcast channel 9 in Davidson County, AT&T U-verse channel 99 in 19 middle Tennessee counties, and live-streamed on the internet via necatnetwork.org).
Zombie TV Camp is October 6-10, 8:00 am to 3:00 pm in NECAT studios located on the Nashville State Community College Campus. Price per student is $250. Participants will need to bring their own brown bag lunch. Snacks and water will be provided.
A participant’s $250 registration covers:
- Instruction and hands-on experience with all studio equipment including, pedestal cameras, lights, microphones, control room camera switcher, teleprompter, audio board, and green screen,
- Instruction and hands-on experience in the following production roles: Camera Operator, Technical Director, Assistant Director, Floor Director, Lighting Designer, Set Designer, Audio Technician,
- Instruction on how to include special effects and makeup in a production, timelines and technical considerations,
- Application of a professional zombie bite wound from Rick Prince,
- Interactive acting instruction by local top theatrical performers,
- A one-year NECAT Technician Level membership ($35 value), allowing them to volunteer on production shoots in our studio beyond the camp,
- A NECAT Technician certificate,
- A NECAT Technician badge to wear as crew in the studio,
- A DVD copy of the hour-long Zombie TV Camp program created in our studio;
- Time slots for the Zombie TV Camp program on Music City Arts television to be broadcast frequently through the months of October and November and in general circulation thereafter.
NECAT is proud to add this first-ever Zombie TV Camp to the many ways we serve viewers and creators in our community.