NECAT staff, board, and Metro PEG Studio employees reserve the right to suspend or revoke your membership if you or your guests violate any provision of this Agreement.
I. CODE OF CONDUCT
NECAT is a nonprofit organization with the mission of teaching television production skills and broadcasting shows created by its members alongside other programming from our community and beyond. The PEG Studio location wherein NECAT operates is managed for NECAT by employees of the Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County. As a community-building organization, we realize that meeting new friends with like interests is potentially one of the reasons you’ve decided to participate at NECAT. However, respect for other people (NECAT/PEG Studio staff and fellow NECAT members), the facilities, and the equipment is important to us and is required for membership.
NECAT expects clients/participants, employees and our partners to follow non-discrimination practices by protecting individuals against employment/participation discrimination based on race and color, as well as national origin, sex, and religion.
NECAT expects our employees, clients, and partners to be free of harassment and will not tolerate a hostile work environment. Title VII prohibits offensive conduct, such as racial or ethnic slurs, racial “jokes,” derogatory comments, or other verbal or physical conduct based on an individual’s race/color. We are required to take appropriate steps to prevent and correct unlawful harassment. Likewise, employees, clients/participants are responsible for reporting harassment at an early stage to prevent its escalation.
A. Guidelines for Social Conduct of NECAT Participants
We take the well-being of our staff, participants, and members very seriously and are committed to creating a safe and enjoyable experience for all participants. When attending a NECAT activity, you and your guests are required to refrain from disruptive or inappropriate behavior or behavior that does not comport with the activity, including, without limitation, the following:
- Behavior that is unruly, disruptive, illegal, or inappropriate in nature; Intoxication or other signs of alcohol/substance impairment that result in irresponsible behavior;
- Foul or abusive language or obscene gestures; Interference with the goals of the activity or event;
- Verbal or physical harassment of another person: Unwanted physical, verbal, or suggestive attention is not tolerated.
- Extensive social interaction with NECAT staff: During work hours staff is here to assist you in your needs related to the completion of programming for television broadcast. These are not their only tasks, so extensive socializing in person or on the phone with staff during work hours prevents staff from accomplishing their jobs and is not acceptable.
Contacting NECAT staff outside of work hours: Understandably, friendships may develop between staff and NECAT members, however please note that staff is not required to respond to emails or phone calls outside of work hours. If a staff person chooses not to respond to Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn requests or to social emails not pertaining to NECAT work, please respect his or her choice and do not pursue further. Failure to exercise respect for staff time and boundaries at NECAT and outside of NECAT will result in suspension/termination of NECAT membership and privileges.
As a NECAT participant, you are responsible for your own conduct and your guests’ conduct. Any participant who violates the above guidelines is subject to removal from the event or activity and/or termination of NECAT membership at the discretion of NECAT leadership. If NECAT staff and board are made aware that a member or member’s guest has violated the above guidelines, NECAT staff and board will issue no more than one warning to the member. Violations considered severe by NECAT staff and board shall result in immediate disciplinary termination of membership without prior warning or opportunity for corrective action. Violating members will be notified by email by a member of NECAT staff or board.
B. Guidelines for Logistical Conduct of NECAT Participants
Studio and equipment are fragile, and all NECAT participants must take care that the studio and equipment are left in the condition in which they were found. Guidelines for maintaining the condition of the NECAT studios, facilities, and equipment include, without limitation, the following:
- Cleanliness and order of studio, control room, editing room, kitchen, restrooms and NECAT public areas.
- Note that the lobby is actually the office space of a NECAT employee. Items on the desk and work area belong to the NECAT employee, are not toys, and are not to be used by anyone except the NECAT employee.
A. Children Policy
Guests under age 18 must be supervised at NECAT. It is not acceptable to leave a child alone in the lobby during a shoot in the studio. The lobby TV and items on the desk represent the workspace of a NECAT employee and must be respected.
As a NECAT member, you are responsible for your guests and their compliance with NECAT policies and Code of Conduct. Your membership and privileges are subject to termination/suspension if your guests violate NECAT policies or Code of Conduct.
III. NECAT and PEG Studio Rules
Failure to adhere to these rules will result in studio violations. Multiple violations may apply. Three studio violations will result in a 60 day ban from the studio and production resources. Fourth violation will result in an immediate additional 60 day ban. Fifth violation will result in a ban while termination of membership is decided by NECAT and PEG staff.
- Do not use equipment/facilities unless a NECAT Studio staff Technician is on-site.
- Do not disregard security and safety regulations.
- Do not violate the NECAT Code of Conduct Studio Policies.
- Do not conduct yourselves in an unruly, disruptive, illegal, or inappropriate behavior.
- Do not verbally harass/insult staff or other members.
- Do not have unattended or disruptive children in the studio or office area.
- Do not cancel studio reservations without giving 48 hours advance notice.
- Do not stay past scheduled studio time. *This will also result in a $50 fine*
- Do not shoot in the studio without the show’s NECAT Producer present.
- Do not eat or drink in the control room.
- Do not have fewer than the required number of crew members. *The minimum is 3*
- Do not leave studio equipment in areas other than assigned locations at the end of shoot.
- Do not mishandle or damage equipment.
- Do not leave the storage area unclean, unorganized, and unsafe.
- Do not have crew members on shoot who are not certified by NECAT technical staff to use NECAT equipment.
- Do not handle equipment if you have not taken appropriate production level classes and paid correct membership dues.
- Do not leave facilities (kitchen, bathrooms, lobby, studio, control room) unorganized or messy when shoot is complete.
- Do not put food in the sink. We do not have a garbage disposal.
- Do not flush any feminine products in the toilets. $250 to repair/unclog.
- Do not have more than 10 studio bookings or 6 months since first booking with no episodes turned in. This will result in a review of your studio privileges.
- Do not use the studio without shooting at least one episode of your show to be aired on NECAT channels.
- Do not steal any personal or business property from the premises.
- Do not enter offices of employees who are not present. Be respectful of the Associate Director’s desk in the lobby.
- Do not misrepresent your member affiliation or authority with NECAT to others, including impersonating another member, or misrepresenting NECAT through intention or negligence.
- Do not use NECAT Studio and facilities for intentional commercial or profit-making use (other than approved NECAT fundraising, underwriting and sponsorships.)
- Do not use NECAT Studios to shoot productions not intended to be aired on a NECAT channel.
- Do not falsify NECAT forms.
- Do not ignore guidelines on preparing media for air as outlined in the How To Get Your Show Approved document.
Nashville State Rules:
- Do not smoke in the building or on campus (including e-cigs)
- Do not drive your car on campus sidewalks or grass.
- Do not have any alcohol, drugs, or other intoxicating substances on premises.
- Do not park anywhere other than PEG studio or visitor spots.
Violations – Consequences for Breaking These Rules
Three studio violations will result in a 60 day ban from the studio and production resources. Fourth violation will result in an immediate additional 60 day ban. Fifth violation will result in a ban while termination of membership is decided by NECAT staff.
If you wish to appeal a violation you may do so within 48 hours by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the reason why you feel your violation should be revoked.